Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My flowy pants

(Stage: Gainesville Airport)

So, when the guy on the other end of the line told me I could check in 30 minutes before the flight left, I thought that is when they OPENED check in.

Wrong.

That is when they CLOSE it. What he should have told me was "You HAVE to check in at least 30 minutes before departure -- or you will miss your flight."

Are you kidding me?

No. He was not. And he being rather stoic about it. Which annoyed me. (As my 3-year-old tied me to this pole thing.) He also, at the time, told me he'd be charging me a $50 fee for something.

OK. So, let me explain that. I am wearing my favorite pants in the world. These are the pants I wear around the house, when I travel and when I make a random weekend trip to Publix. Ahhh, I love them. They have this tie that cinches around the waist. It kind of hangs down from the waist. I call them my flowy pants.

So, my 3-year-old takes the tie and ties me to this pole thing. Yes, I think that is the technical term. Pole thing.

So, you know, I turn to him and say "Why. Why must you tie me to the pole?" (You know, as I am glaring at the check-in guy who is talking about me owing him $50.)

Um, and then I realized how that sounded. But whatever. Dude was telling me that I mis-understood other dude on the end of the 800 line. So, I wasn't happy.

Look, do what you gotta do. Tie me to the airplane if you have to. I'm wearing my flowy pants. We can make it work. That last thing I wanted to hear is that I would miss my flight.

((I'll check back in from ATL))

1 comment:

Mom! Dude! said...

Suzy, how the heck are you? I did not know you had another blog going, or else I'd have hopped on months ago. Glad to see, hear and know you're still around. You look terrific. Kids and hubby look great! I have my 4th child now, too. A daughter, finally. What's your email and I'll see you the latest pic.

Take care.

Jamaica