Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Hot and heavy

Today, sitting in the middle of my desk (my swamp), I looked around and felt a bit suffocated. Too many papers, too many pictures, too many needless memos. Just too much.

And so, I found a box and filled it. I had so much needless stuff cluttering the swamp. I filled it to the brim with all kinds of goodies--family pictures, a box of Grape Nuts (lol), dishes. Yes, all of that ... just, stuff that I have compiled over the months.

I chose to keep a few of my favorite family pictures up and with heavy box in hand (and in heels), I lugged the box down three flights of stairs. Carefully. And out to the back of the mom van.

By the time I got back inside, I was sweating and breathing heavily. That was hard. And it is so hot, I thought as I climbed back up those three flights of stairs.

My co-worker saw me, or heard me, walk by her. I sighed. You know, one of those "that was exhausting" sighs.

"You OK?" she asked.

"Hot," I said. "and heavy." "Hot and heavy."

"Huh?"

I walked away and moments later thought twice about what I just said to her. And you know, how I said it. Oh, that's nice. Really nice. There I am panting the words to her "Hot and heavy."

You know what I meant: Hot sun. Heavy box. But, I thought it was funny enough to leave it alone. My little laugh for the day.

No comments: