Friday, September 18, 2009

Painting the tree

The only problem with that last move (the decluttering of the swamp) is that people want to know where all my stuff is. It's kind of funny that I can't just be nice and neat.

In my younger years, I wasn't nice or neat. Creative minds tend to be all over the place and that is one my biggest hurdles; and also one of my biggest gifts. But, that also means that sometimes your surroundings are all over the place. (My bedroom isn't in perfect order today--a reflection of what's in my mind; and it's sort of driving me mad.)

The only problem with that is that I cannot focus in the midst of clutter. So, there you have it: a peak into my mind. A peek into how I drive myself crazy on many days.

Like today. Yeah, today is one of those days. You know, I can write and write and write on the blog and anything to do with feelings. But, this manuscript I am working on; it's driving me insane. There is such specific order to this thing that I feel like my creative brain is going to short circuit for not being able to freely flow. Instead, I have to sit inside of this neat little box.

I don't work like that, though. I work in that mode, if you could imagine me as an artist, there are splashes of paint of all different colors here and there. And the mess is just glorious. But, this thing ... this is me needing to paint a tree in a specific spot; and a lake in a specific spot. My brain doesn't work well that way.

So, we'll see if I can pull the chaos together. My brain isn't loving this season of life. I am all over the place when I need to be in one. Which is why I am on the blog instead of in the manuscript. Over here, I am allowed to be messy and splashy. But, when I leave here for the day, I have to paint that tree right in its proper place.

I'm not feeling it.

No comments: